Tuesday, October 9, 2012

30 Day Photo Challenge: Week 2

Finally I have some time to post week 2 of the photo challenge!  

Work and life have been keeping me busy but with the challenge I have made sure to make time each day to take at least one picture. Rather than getting frustrated because I have added one more thing on to my daily to do list, I find myself excited and looking forward to that time of each day.  

So without further adieu, here are a few things that I photographed this week!



Top Left: Day 6 - childhood memories
When I saw that this day's theme was childhood memories I was excited because it meant I had a reason to open up the storage boxes in my basement.  I had a great time going thru old pictures, passed notes from high school friends, love notes from old boyfriends, and trinkets from days gone by.  In the end I decided on photographing my old toe shoes.  Ballet was a huge part of my childhood.  I wish I had had the passion to continue!

Top Right: Day 5 - someone i love
This should come as no surprise that my handsome husband was my subject this day.  I am blessed to have so many people in my life that I love and that love me back.  Without them I would not be who I am today.  But this man has my heart now and for always.  

Bottom Most Left: Day 8 - technology
This day was a challenge for me.  I know that each day I am surrounded by so much technology but I had a hard time being inspired by anything to actually take a picture.  And then it happened.  I shared a picture on Facebook of the bottle of wine I had just opened.  Moments later a good friend, in another country!, messaged me to say that at that very moment he too was enjoying a glass of the same exact wine!  So my picture is a picture of my computer screen looking at a picture my friend posted on Facebook of his bottle of wine next to his computer screen with the picture of my Facebook post of that same bottle of wine. Technology is AMAZING!

Bottom next Left: Day 9 - faceless self portrait
I thought about doing a reflection picture on this day, but to be honest, after a long day at gymnastics...I was having a bad hair day.  I then noticed my shoes and the fallen leaves and thought, sadly, that my cute summer Sperry's weren't going to have many more days left this season.  I decided to capture my fleeting summer me footwear as my faceless self portrait. 


Bottom Middle: Day 7 - something new
There were so many things I thought about taking a photo of for this day.  I thought about taking a picture of my new name or the new photography book that had come in.  But there was Milo, in his new Halloween costume...I couldn't resist!

Bottom Right: Day 10 - what i made
Normally Sundays are craft days for me, but this particular Sunday we were up in Portsmouth, NH enjoying brunch with friends.  I happened to have my camera out taking a few pictures when I was able to capture Joel's reaction to something I had said.  I made other things that day like mimosas and monte cristos, but making laughter, I think, is best accomplishment. 



And that concludes week 2!  Stay tuned for next week!

1 comment: