Tuesday, October 2, 2012

30 Day Photo Challenge: Week 1

I realized that the best way to find my photographic niche is to take more pictures.  I happened to stumble across this great blog that referenced a 30 Day Photo Challenge.  

What better way to encourage myself to take more pictures than to participate in a challenge?  This particular challenge took place in August so I am actually challenging myself.  But I guess that is what I am doing with this whole photography thing anyway.  

I started the challenge on Friday, September 28.  Since I normally post to the blog on Mondays I thought that each Monday I would post the pictures I took that week.  (I know...today is Tuesday...but we had dinner guests last night!)  

Below are my week one photos, let me know what you think!

Top Left: Day 1 - Self Portrait
Self Portraits are hard!  I am used to just being on the other side of the camera.  I chose to take my picture in this hat because I love this hat and it is finally just chilly enough for me to start wearing it again.  So yes my friends.... it's baaaaaaccck! :)

Top Right: Day 2 - What I Wore
I thought it was very fitting that this day of the challenge fell on this particular day.  Saturday the 29th was the first day of the new gymnastics session for Dedham Recreation Gymnastics.  My mom, Rosemary, started the program when she was in high school and it has been family run ever since.  I grew up in this program and have been teaching ever since I was old enough.  It is a tradition that I am proud of and plan to continue.  My mom lost her battle to cancer last November.  Everyday I keep her memory alive but even more so on Saturdays during the gymnastics season.  Love you mom!

Middle: Day 3 - Clouds
I was a little nervous on this day as it was so gloomy and rainy all day!  I thought, "oh no, I am going to fail my challenge only 3 days in!"  But then Mother Nature decided to give me a break and opened the skies up to the beauty after the storm.  I took so many shots that evening it was hard to decide which one to use as my "day 3" but I finally went with the one above.  I chose it because the clouds were so dark and menacing but the houses across the bay and the seagulls in the foreground were basking in the beautiful sunset light. 

Bottom: Day 4 - Favorite Color
Gold(en) is my favorite color!!  Well, at least when it comes to my golden retriever Milo!  He's a handful but he is most definitely my favorite :)  I know I kinda cheated with this one but how can one pick just ONE color? 

Well, that's week 1 for you all!  If you really can't wait till next week, feel free to check out my Facebook page where I am posting the photos daily. 





1 comment:

  1. Challenges are a great way to keep up with things. I hope you keep doing challenges cause I want to keep seeing new stuff you do!

    ReplyDelete